Thursday, February 1, 2018

We've Come this far by Faith

In life their will be failures as well as accomplishments. In accomplishments we stand tall with great joy for all to see what we have achieved but in what we deem as our failures we often hide because we do not want to be seen ridiculed or judged. Sometimes we are the author of our own defeat and default but then there are times when things blindside us and leave us in the aftermath of what we see as failure even when we know we were not the cause of the breakdown. We often beat ourselves up almost as if we were tying to pin a part on ourself for the dissulution of it even when those around us who care try to tell us its not our fault. We look around at the lives of others and question how come something that we wanted to happen for us isnt but has and is working for them. If not careful we can become bitter and cold toward those who have what we so desired to have. I have learned that everything happens for a reason and if you are going to give it to God you have to be prepared for revelation and change. Often we don't want to see things, know things and or accept things that might blow apart the lives we have become comfortable in but bottom line things happen and life goes through stages and changes, some good and some bad. It is how we deal with these changes that speaks about our character. Can we still be happy and loving toward others after we have experienced loss? Will we be able to still celebrate the joy of others and be happy for them even if they have the very same thing(s) we were hoping to have?

God said we are not to covet what we see somebody else has. God said, in every thing give thanks: for this is his will in Christ Jesus concerning you. I believe the point is to be content with what you have, what he has given you. Be not anxious about what you don't have and be grateful for what you do. We see and we want and sometimes its hard to take no for an answer. We feel like we are less if we cant keep up with the Joneses and rejoice about the same accomplishments they rejoice about. A big bank account, a wealth of possessions, a long sustaining relationship nor does popularity define one person better than the next in God's eyes so why should we be so concerned about how we are perceived in the eyes of other people. Every choice comes with a cost. What shall a man profit if he gains the whole world but loses his soul. As I walked from the market for some reason still singing "come this far by faith" I saw the past and the present and it would have been easy for me to dwell upon the change in my life but then why should I. God is blessing me, he is taking care of me day by day. I am not where I use to be for a reason. I am clothed, I am not hungry, I have a roof over my head, heat and electricity, folks around me that love me, my children and grandchild and my mom. I wont and will not complain but what I will do is give thanks to the Lord for all that I just mentioned and more because I know there is more. If we had a thouand tongues we could not give God as much praise as he deserves. Dont look back, look forward in growth and gratefulness of things to come. Yes, there will be somethings you will have to leave behind that you might have wanted to keep but trust God for comfort, for provision, for the adjustments he is making in your life so you can continue to get through each day. Pray, watch and wait. Thank him for all he gives and also thank him for what is and what is not because many things he didn't let happen in our life because he knew it was for our good that it did not happen just as he let some things happen for whatever reason he did.

Don't worry about tomorrow it hasn't gotten here yet, live in the present, try to take care of yourself today. Prayer brings healing for your loss. No, we are not going to understand why all the time but we cant stop trusting God just because we don't understand or we are disgruntled about losing something or even not gaining something we want. Trust means I am not going to worry about it because I know the person I laid it before has heard me and he is going to help me and whatever the outcome, it is well with my soul. It has to be because God is above us, we are not above God. Trust me he loves you and just because the answer is not always yes doesn't mean he doesn't love you and or want you to have things. You will have what he wills for you to have, be grateful for those things. Nurture and love those things with gratefulness and trust in what is to come in your future by the will of God.

No comments: